TEACHER OF THE MONTH: INTERVIEW WITH MS. WANG（CLE teacher）
Image source: “Teacher Is Reading a Book.” Teacher Is Reading a Book | Public Domain Vectors, publicdomainvectors.org/en/free-clipart/Teacher-is-reading-a-book/83995.html.
Interviewee: Mary Zhuang
1. When was the first time teaching?
The first time I taught students was in middle school in elementary. I first started as a volunteer in summer camp at 14, teaching a group of around 20 students about literature and math for a month and a half. Some students were two years younger than me, so I had a good relationship with everyone. The summer camp influenced me to become a teacher. I learned from students, so I enjoy it.
2. How many years have you been teaching for? How many years at UHill?
I started teaching in 2008; and I have been teaching for 12 years, with one year in UHill.
3. What was your major in college? What was it like for you during your college years?
I have taken three majors in university, business , Econ, education because I went to three university. I have met many students from different countries, and I like to do work with students.
4. What are some of the rewarding and challenging aspects of your job?
I learned a lot from students. I have to update my knowledge everyday, because students learn every day, and it keeps me feeling young.
Challenge: life-long learning. Studying everyday is hard, and I have to learn everyday.
5. What do you hope to achieve by being a teacher?
I hope that students could still remember me and the valuable knowledge learned from me in their future life after graduation.
6. Do you like the school's study environment?
Yes, Uhill is a friendly school especially international students. Uhill also provides a good program for international and ELL students.
7. What do you think UHill students can do to deal with the Coronavirus?
Wait for the announcement, check the news websites everyday, wash hands frequently, and wear masks.
Thank you Ms. Wang!